Apr 23, 2014

Charcoal

*brief self-promo plug* follow me on Tumblr or Instagram~

moving on~

Recently I've taken to charcoal. I've always loved it, but I don't think I ever gave myself a chance to play with it in my own time. I'm still getting the hang of it, like do's and don'ts, but I love materials that I can push around and lift and add back on. I will say, though....paper quality matters. So hard. Sigh.










some are more successful than others....some are just fun doodles. None are quite on the money, but doing my best, yeah? HAHA. but I've been trying to push myself to make a new SOMEthing every day. I often finish a piece during the day and then doodle or plan for the next piece at night. Apparently you're supposed to be most fresh and active in the morning, but let me tell you. NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE THE SAME. I need the morning to relax, and then I can work continually until late at night, haha.

art-wise, I think things are going in a good direction. Still looks a bit jumbled and stylistically unclear, but it's becoming more focused. Slowly. 

In other news, I ordered promo cards! To promote myself as an illustrator! I think I have a handful of pieces now that I can show to people, so. I can't stall any longer, can I. 

Now if only someone would pay me. Looking where I can T__T


1 comment: