Jun 17, 2010

Orientation Day 1

Before I say anything else: TOY STORY 3 OPENS TOMORROW IN THEATERS. AAAHHH!!!!
Moving on.
First day of orientation for transfers! We walked around the city; today was Gallery day, where the galleries in the area open their doors to the public for free. This one that makes giant monsters for parades and shows is owned by a RISD alum. It's called Big Nazo (i think).







This is the view from my room on Congdon st.



Big room!! We got lucky; we have a corner room with three big windows where we get a breeze, too.
It's only 9:20 but I'm so tired already. Lots of walking and shaking hands and trying to remember names. Tomorrow we officially start stuffs. Like lectures, info, blahblah. Providence is so tiny but so cute and clean. I don't know the streets well yet but I think I will be able to know it soon. Nice, comfortable places to eat, too. I hope we won't be so swamped with work starting next week that we don't have time to explore...they told us that work is important, but it's a mistake to only focus on work.
Agreed! Although I won't take it to heart as much as these two girls who were already bragging about having downed a bottle of wine. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHH!!!!!!!! THAT ROOM IS GINORMOUS. i could come up there and live with you if i wanted O:

    DUDE. YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME UP THUR.
    POST MORE PEEKTURES SOON!!

    ReplyDelete